Software Development Manager - Amazon Scout
- San Francisco, CA
Do you want to help lead Amazon's efforts to create fully immersive, neighborhood scale, 3D simulations to accelerate us towards fully autonomous delivery robots? Come be a part of our team in Amazon Scout!
We're at the forefront of using simulation to make autonomous robots real: Amazon Scout is an autonomous robot designed to deliver packages to customers. It's the size of a small cooler and rolls along sidewalks at a walking pace, intelligently moving through neighborhoods to make deliveries to our customers.
We're building a real-time, ray-traced, 3D simulation that executes inside high-fidelity digital twins of our neighborhoods, simulating physics and state of the art sensors. The Scout software runs inside our simulator in the same way it does in the physical world. Our simulator runs on developers' desktops and does massively parallelized simulated deliveries in the cloud. Complex scenarios are authored with our tools, to simulate the complexity of real life: modelling the behavior of people, pets, cars, and a whole host of other everyday things. We use our simulations to accelerate autonomy learning and development at unprecedented scale.
As the manager for our simulation execution and authoring environment, you will lead our efforts to accelerate all aspects of autonomy development. You'll collaborate with leading experts in robotics, computer vision, autonomy, and machine learning.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
• BSc in Science or other related engineering field
• 6+ years experience developing software
• 6+ years experience managing software development teams
• Experience leading development of capabilities for game engine environments, such as Lumberyard, Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Havok and/or other world environments
• Experience developing careers with highly-skilled software engineers
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers.
• 6+ years relevant work experience
• Experience with physical system and simulation
• Experience working with multi-disciplined teams
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Experience leading teams to tackle difficult, complex software and mathematical problems that do not have easy off-the-shelf solutions
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
• Experience in a lead role in bringing a product to market
• Skilled in isolating, documenting, and issues systematically
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top