Want to make database history? Come and join the team that is building the most popular cloud data warehousing service in the world with tens of thousands of customers - Amazon Redshift. We are building the next generation of data warehouse systems, creating an impact on hundreds of thousands of users, and looking for top engineering leaders to help shape the future.
Amazon Redshift is the leading, fully-managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse in the cloud. Using Amazon Redshift makes it simple and cost-effective to analyze all your data seamlessly.
As a engineering leader with Amazon Redshift, you have the opportunity to lead a group of top talents in the design and development of system architecture of AWS Redshift at Amazon scale. You are an integral part of our overall strategy by helping define impactful product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. You will lead the engineers to build and enable Auto Remediation, Auto Tuning, and Auto Root Cause systems which continuously improve the usability and performance of Redshift. You and your team will have a tremendous opportunity to touch Redshift database core engine as well as tackling large scale and distributed system problems on a daily basis, Check out https://aws.amazon.com/redshift/whats-new/ to see some of our recently launched projects.
In this role you will grow and lead the cloud infrastructure development team on Amazon Redshift. You will draw from your deep and broad technical and management expertise to guide your team on ambiguous and complex problem spaces, to design, build and deliver the best scalable and extensible solution for our customers. You are data and metric driven, obsessively concerned about the customer experience of Redshift features and performance. You will mentor and inspire engineers of all levels, participate in defining our technical culture, and help to build a fast-growing team.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business, and help shape the technology, product and the business. You bring deep technical and management experience, with the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in the industry leading Cloud Company to deliver a broad business impact.
Come, join us in reinventing database systems for the cloud!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 7+ years of software development experience along with 3+ years of people management experience (or equivalent technical leadership experience).
• Experience with more than one of Java, C/C++, C# or other object oriented programming languages
• Strong understanding of distributed systems with high performance, scalability, and availability
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with database systems internals, query optimization, and storage systems
• Experience in leading and managing a team delivering solutions at scale.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
• Be highly innovative, inspiring, flexible and self-directed.
• Passionate about learning new technologies, frameworks and processes that can reinvent developer experiences.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us