We are searching for a Software Development Manager with passion for large-scale system building and data-intensive applications.
Our cloud data warehouse Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. With Redshift Spectrum, our customers can easily query data from Amazon S3, thereby scaling their warehouse out to Exabytes and allowing them to integrate data in all kinds of file formats from their data lake into their analytics.
As a Software Development Manager at Amazon Redshift, you will:
• Take overall responsibility for growing and leading a database software development team responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional database services were built and thinking how to build database services best suited for the cloud.
• Lead the design, implementation, testing and deployment of these database services and prioritize the backlog.
• Mentor senior engineers and managers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization.
• Work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our technical and business strategy.
You will be successful in this role, if you bring deep technical and software expertise, and have strong business acumen and judgment. You have the ability to define visionary, ground breaking products and the ability to hire and lead a team. Finally, you should have the desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Joining the Amazon Redshift Spectrum team gives you the opportunity to:
• Work on the latest technology, as we constantly build the latest research concepts into Redshift Spectrum.
• You are working on a key pillar of AWS extensive service portfolio and thousands of Amazon Redshift customers benefit from your contributions.
• You are working on engineering tasks in a team of very experienced experts and managers that are close to support you.
• Be part of a great team, as we invest a lot to create an inclusive environment that allows you to perform at your best, while maintaining a fun atmosphere.
This position of the Software Development Manager for Amazon Spectrum represents a opportunity to shape the technology and future of a rapidly evolving industry and business.
• 4-6+ years in engineering people management positions.
• 10+ years in software development
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• A leadership position in a team delivering database kernel, virtualized storage, distributed systems or operating systems.
• Proven ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Good communication skills, analytical abilities, and design skills.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering.
• Work experience delivering one or more version one products, ideally in a startup setting.
• Experience delivering and operating large-scale, highly available distributed systems.
• Experience with database internals especially query optimization, and query execution