Software Development Manager, Amazon Product Catalog
- Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Want to make the Earth's largest product catalog of billions of items, available in any language, all over the world, all the time, in milliseconds, millions of times per second?
The catalog team is looking for a highly technical manager who enjoys solving complex business problems that have massive global impact. You and your team of engineers will build software to experiment, and apply machine learning algorithms, business rules by engaging micro-services. This is an opportunity to have significant influence on the technical strategy and delivery of Amazon's key initiatives like expansion to new countries, new languages, new physical stores, new product lines and so on. Your breadth of impact will range from how sellers and vendors list their products with Amazon's catalog, to how products make it through Amazon's fulfillment centers and to how our shopping customers find and discover the products they love!
As a SDM, you are empowered to:
• Own vision, strategy planning, prioritization, driving architectural decisions, and end-to-end project delivery.
• Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
• Manage careers of talented engineers, including making great hiring decisions, setting goals, providing feedback and managing performance.
• Develop best practices to build and operate critical catalog platform services.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or math, 10+ years of software development experience, 5+ years of people management experience.
• Expertise building and operating large scale or low latency systems.
• Excellent communication skills; experience in interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong problem solver and a track record of delivering large software projects in a leadership role.
• Experience taking a lead role in setting strategy, vision, and building out a team.
• Hands-on expertise with API design, data modelling, micro-services and high performance software systems.
• Work experience in the e-commerce industry.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top