Software Development Manager, Amazon Physical Stores
- Bangalore, India
Would you like to be part of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovative technology?
The Team: Physical store technology teams support solutions for Amazon's brick and mortar store. For example, one such store is the Amazon Books store, which offers a curated selection of books and an array of Amazon devices. It is a magical experience that combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore with Amazon.com's low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer. While we use existing Amazon systems when possible, you'll be working on challenging problems that need innovative solutions specifically for all Amazon's brick and mortar store formats.
The ideal candidate is excited by technology, passionate about learning and should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional customer experience. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, excited to work in a "green field", wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company.
The Role: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. We'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
As a Manager, Software Development, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and lead a team of engineers. Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will help invent new features, design, develop and deploy highly scalable and reliable distributed services.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven't been solved at scale before - anywhere. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
This is a leadership role for a new and confidential initiative "Omnichannel" for Physical Stores that touches various retail systems across amazon.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 6+ years' experience.
• 7+ years of industry experience, including 2+ years as a Development Manager
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
• Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• 7+ years of industry experience, including 3+ years as a Development Manager
• Experience crafting and building large-scale systems in a multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Back to top