Software Development Manager, Amazon Photos
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Photos helps consumers preserve and re-live their memories. The service comes with unlimited photo storage for Prime members and apps are available on iOS, Android, Web, Desktop, Fire Tablet & Fire TV. The service is also integrated into Alexa devices such as Echo Show and Echo Spot. Amazon Photos is the latest digital offering to consumers released on the heels of the Amazon Music and Amazon Video offerings. We have ambitious goals to scale growth and adoption of the service around the world and delight our customers with a great product.
Who you are:
You are an engineering manager experienced in shipping great software. You have a passion for architecting and implementing massively scalable web services. You actively look for ways to improve the durability and resilience of distributed systems to be more fault tolerant and scalable. You love working through complex systems to separate concerns and create a clean, maintainable architecture. You want to raise the bar and will not settle for "it works".
What you will do here:
• Be a highly technical and effective people manager
• Lead a team to build services that handle exabytes of data
• Design and implement engineering best practices
• Be a role model and mentor for engineers on the team
• Community cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
What you will get from us:
A great team to work with and the chance to build a premier service at an attested top tier company. You will be part of a startup like culture with the stability of an established industry leader. You will get support and resources from some of the smartest people in the industry to continue your personal growth. You will build software that will improve people's lives.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years software development experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, Scala, C#, C++, or Python
• Experience working with Elasticsearch, Spark, Hadoop, and AWS (EC2, S3, etc.)
• Experience working with PyTorch or TensorFlow
• Experience working with exabytes of data and massively distributed systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top