Software Development Manager - Amazon Music, New Projects
- Atlanta, GA
Want to build the future of music and audio entertainment?
Imagine being part of an agile team, where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Envision working within a startup atmosphere, while being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company. Picture working on bleeding-edge consumer-facing products, where every team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Welcome to Amazon Music's New Projects team.
Our team builds new experiences for Amazon Music listeners. We help our customers discover up-and-coming creators, while also having access to their favorite music and podcasts. We build systems that are distributed around the world, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward experiences on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa. Amazon Music products support our mission of delivering audio entertainment in new and exciting ways that listeners love.
Amazon Music's New Projects team is looking for founding team members across a variety of functions, including software engineering/development, product, marketing, design, and more. Come make history, as we launch new projects for millions of listeners.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Strong experience in highly available low latency distributed systems
• Excellence verbal and written communication skills
• Strong track record launching and operating high impact customer features
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, agile methodologies, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Deep hands-on technical expertise in service oriented architecture
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems
• Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
• Experience providing high-performing, developer-centric tools and frameworks
• Master's or PhD in computer science preferred
o Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top