Software Development Manager - Amazon International Technology
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Our ambition is to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online at the lowest possible prices. How do we get there? What does it take to solve our customers' everyday online shopping problems? Do our customers find what they are looking for? If they find what they are looking for, is it competitively priced? And if they find what they are looking for a competitive price, can it be delivered fast enough? In today's ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, how do we make sure that people across the globe can still get essential goods delivered to their homes as fast as possible? How do we reach people who are not native English speakers when there are over 7000 languages spoken in the world? How do we facilitate a seamless payment experience when there are over 180 currencies used in the world with diverse payment methods? How do we solve problems for people who have different shopping behaviours from our regular amazon.com shoppers?
We're a looking for a Software Development Manager to lead our After Market Services team. We are introducing new return and re-commerce experiences for our WW and European customers to reduce returns, waste and defects by helping our customers to keep what they buy, recover returned and damaged product value, keep thousands of tons of waste from landfills, and create the best customer returns experience in the world. We are looking for a hands on leader with expertise and passion in solving hard engineering problems.
• You will be in charge of the complete software development life-cycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
• You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers
• You will understand what it takes to grow and operate Amazon business at our scale.
Software Development Manager to be based in our European Headquarters in Luxembourg.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living.
• 4+ years of experience managing software development teams
• Understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent years of experience in a technical position.
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams.
• Experience of hiring and developing software engineers with a passion to develop great people.
• 8+ years managing software development teams
• Experience of software development including design and implementation.
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution and is results oriented.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
• Experience leading large-scale engineering projects, including using AWS technologies.
Back to top