Software Development Manager, Amazon Halo
- Arlington, VA
We've launched! Come join Amazon Halo and the Health and Wellness team!
How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative technology? Our emerging technologies team, within Amazon's Device organization (Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. We solve significant customer problems in the consumer electronics space through devices, mobile applications, cloud services (AWS), computer vision, and machine learning.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. We'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: embedded systems, computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
We're looking for a Software Development Manager to lead the Amazon Halo Memberships team. In this role, you will identify, hire, and build a world-class team of software engineers driving the expansion of services supporting the Halo App. You will drive the development and delivery of software systems spanning applications (iOS and Android), and services through the entire product life cycle, from prototyping through development and into general availability. You will develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate across disciplines including Hardware/Firmware, Program Managers, Product Managers, and SDEs.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years delivering production code in an object-oriented language such as Java, C/C++, Python, Objective-C, or C#.
• 3+ years of experience designing and delivering mobile applications (Android or iOS) or REST-based services.
• Knowledge of data structures & algorithms.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Deep understanding of low level embedded systems design.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top