Want to shape the future of a NoSQL database service that serves mission-critical workloads with peaks of more than 20 million requests per second?
Amazon DynamoDB is looking for an engineering leader eager to own a new initiative on the DynamoDB team.
DynamoDB is one of the largest NoSQL databases on the planet, and this requires an engineering team that can solve the unique challenges that come with its scale. DynamoDB is a key-value and document database that delivers single-digit-millisecond performance at any scale. As a fast-growing service at the core of the AWS Cloud, our business and engineering decisions have widespread impact across AWS, Amazon, and beyond. Many of the world's fastest growing businesses such as Lyft, Airbnb, and Redfin as well as enterprises such as Samsung, Toyota, and Capital One depend on the scale and performance of DynamoDB to support their mission-critical workloads.
As a software development manager on the DynamoDB team, you will lead a team of passionate engineers to build reliable, highly scalable distributed systems. This is a good opportunity to pave the path for a new generation of cloud database services, grow as a technology leader, and work with some really smart people. You need to not only be a top software development leader with a good track record of delivering, but also passionate about managing people.
If you want to test your limits and tackle technical challenges at a scale that you won't see anywhere else, join our team.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or five or more years of work experience in software development as an equivalent.
• 5 or more years of people management experience leading software development teams.
• Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale distributed systems or web services.
• A Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• Seven or more years of work experience in software development, including four or more years as a people manager.
• A proven track record of leading a team to deliver complex, scalable, fault-tolerant systems successfully.
• The ability to drive major projects across teams and within a team.
• Demonstrated success working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• A track record of hiring and retaining great software development engineers.
• Experience with relational and nonrelational database systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.