Want to shape the future of a NoSQL database service that serves mission-critical workloads with peaks of more than 20 million requests per second?
Amazon DynamoDB is looking for an engineering leader eager to own a new initiative on the DynamoDB team.
DynamoDB is one of the largest NoSQL databases on the planet, and the service requires an engineering team that can solve the unique challenges that come with its scale. DynamoDB is a key-value and document database that delivers single-digit-millisecond performance at any scale. As a fast-growing service at the core of the AWS Cloud, our business and engineering decisions have widespread impact across AWS, Amazon, and beyond. Many of the world's fastest growing businesses such as Lyft, Airbnb, and Redfin, as well as enterprises such as Samsung, Toyota, and Capital One depend on the scale and performance of DynamoDB to support their mission-critical workloads.
As a software development manager on the DynamoDB team, you will lead a team of passionate engineers to build reliable, highly scalable distributed systems. This is a good opportunity to pave the path for a new generation of cloud database services, grow as a technology leader, and work with some really smart people. You need to not only be a top software development leader with a good track record of delivering, but also passionate about managing people.
If you want to test your limits and tackle technical challenges at a scale that you won't see anywhere else, join our team.
Inclusive team culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 10 employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in more than 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work/life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to all parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to lifelong happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship and career growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough-but-kind code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help you and your team members develop into better-rounded engineers and enable you to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• A proven track record of leading a team to successfully deliver scalable, fault-tolerant systems
• The ability to drive major project efforts across teams and within a team
• A solid understanding of distributed systems
• Two or more years of experience writing code in one or more of the following: Java, C#, and C++
• Experience with mission-critical, 24x7 systems
• A Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or a related field
• Demonstrated success working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
• Experience driving complex projects from start to finish
• Communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
• The demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, see https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.