Software Development Manager - Amazon Community Shopping
- Berlin, Germany
The Community Shopping team shapes products and technology used daily by millions of people around the world. The team is responsible for many central Amazon experiences including Customer Reviews, Deals, and Gifts.
We love to work with smart, solution-oriented people that have a strong sense of ownership and customer obsession. We are passionate about building well-designed, robust and scalable software to deliver inspiring user experiences that delight our customers. We are looking for an engineering manager who has experience in leading the development of state of the art software systems. We offer the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, on innovative and sophisticated features that customers love, as part of a team of passionate and experienced Amazon engineers in the multi-cultural environment of the Amazon Development Center in Berlin.
As a Software Development Manager, your responsibilities range from contributing and reviewing the product roadmap, defining the team's charter, and driving the software development process, to setting individual goals for the developers, working on their career development, managing their performance, and keeping them engaged with the exciting development tasks. Together with the engineers you will be responsible for delivering production-ready code that will be used by hundreds of millions of Amazon customers. Together with the UX designers and the product team, you will own end-to-end the customer experience of Customer Reviews. As a Software Development Manager on the Customer Reviews team, you will have a huge impact on the way customers, including friends and family, experience Amazon daily.
• 4+ years industry experience managing software engineering teams
• Good knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, OO design
• Experience executing and managing projects, prioritizing and defining a clear roadmap
• Strong sense of ownership
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• 7+ years industry experience managing software engineering teams
• Prior work experience as a software engineer
• Experience with developing cloud software services and working with AWS
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top