Software Development Manager, Amazon Alexa
Interested in Amazon Echo? Help us build the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, and making history.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of speech products. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- The key requirement for this position is established skill designing and developing complex, interactive customer experiences.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 8+ years experience managing software development teams
- Development experience on multiple Platforms (J2ME, BREW, Cocoa, Symbian, Google Android, Series 60, Series 40, Windows Mobile, PalmOS, IE, Safari, FireFox) and mobile devices (Apple iPhone, RIM Blackberry, Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony Ericsson)
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top