Software Development Manager - Alexa Shopping List
- Seattle, WA
With Alexa devices proliferating across homes, offices, cars and mobile, Alexa is going to play a significant role in helping customers capture their needs in the moment. The Alexa Shopping List team is enabling this vision by becoming the preferred way to capture and manage customers' grocery needs. By combining the ease of talking to Alexa with social shopping through sophisticated AI to automatically build your list and find you the best deals, we will transform how customers shop in stores and online. We will help customers anticipate and keep track of what they need, help them save time and get the best value while shopping. We will ensure they always get everything on their shopping list without forgetting anything.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager with a strong technical background, customer obsession and solid people management skills to manage and develop a talented and experienced engineering team. As we are an expanding team, you will also be required to have solid hiring and new hire development skills. Strong judgment and communication skills, long-term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role.
Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a lot, have fun and delight millions of customers.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• 7+ years of industry experience building software applications and products
• 3+ years of industry experience building and managing diverse software development teams
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Experience with launching and operating highly scalable web services.
• Experience delivering machine learning solutions at production scale.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with scrum or kanban methodology for agile software development
• Past success with being a forward thinker and an advocate for the customer
• AWS Certifications
Back to top