Software Development Manager, Alexa Proactive News
- Austin, TX
Alexa News keeps customers informed about the world around them by seamlessly integrating the news they want most into their everyday lives. This includes everything from breaking national news to new developments in their neighborhood.
We are the Proactive News team and we're building a future where Alexa as an AI assistant can provide you with the news you care about in the most convenient format for you at that moment without you having to explicitly ask. The Proactive News team is critical in driving traffic across the News organization. You will own the Ambient Home experience, which includes Trending Topics and News cards. We are making significant changes in how Ambient Home works in 2021 and need a visionary that is comfortable working at a large scale. You'll also be responsible for our notification and mobile experiences where we strive to reach customers customers when they're not near an Alexa device.
In this role, you will be involved in architectural decisions, contribute to systems development, manage launches and operations, and improve engineering processes. You will develop a talented team of software engineers, focused on building scalable, reliable, and maintainable systems. In addition, you will collaborate with product managers, designers, and researchers to innovate and rapidly validate new opportunities.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 3 years of software development experience
• Minimum 5 years of people management experience of a team of 5 engineers or more
• Experience managing the day-to-day activities of an engineering team using Agile processes
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, engineering, or other technical discipline
• 5 years or more of software development experience
• 7 years or more of people management experience of a team of 10 engineers or more
• Experience with shipping, operating, and maintaining high-volume traffic, low-latency systems
• Experience with building voice applications, consumer electronics applications, or mobile applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top