Alexa On The Go team is responsible for building software experiences for Echo devices that delight customers in cars, as headphones or in other accessory form factors. The team works with multiple domain teams within Alexa to create experiences that are tailored to outdoor settings and enable customers to get a personalized experience on the move. The features built by the team are scalable to 3P devices. You will leverage Alexa services and hardware sensors to drive the next generation of unique on-the-go experiences.
In this role, you will be involved in architectural decisions, contribute to systems development, manage launches and operations, and improve engineering processes. You will develop a talented team of software engineers, focused on building scalable, reliable, and maintainable systems. In addition, you will collaborate with product managers, designers, and researchers to innovate and rapidly validate new opportunities.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 3 years of software development experience
• Minimum 5 years of people management experience of a team of 5 engineers or more
• Experience managing the day-to-day activities of an engineering team using Agile processes
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, engineering, or other technical discipline
• 5 years or more of software development experience
• 7 years or more of people management experience of a team of 10 engineers or more
• Experience with shipping, operating, and maintaining high-volume traffic, low-latency systems
• Experience with building voice applications, consumer electronics applications, or mobile applicationsAmazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.