Software Development Manager - Alexa Experiences
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We are inventing the future. We're looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
This role will lead the engineering effort for an important new Alexa initiative. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product that will be used every day by Alexa customers.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment to a huge user base. A successful candidate will have an established background of building native mobile apps, with extensive technical knowledge of development techniques and latest practices on iOS and Android. You are a leader with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, and a passion for managing engineering talent in a fast-paced environment. You have kept your coding skills sharp, and possess exceptional project management and communication skills.
- Responsible for the overall software development life cycle.
- · Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- · Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
- · Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- · Contribute substantively to innovation on Alexa devices and overcome technology limitations to deliver on customer experience.
- · Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. You will be joining a select group of a people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
- 5+ years of experience managing software development teams, including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Experience delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Track record of bringing in and growing engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Experience with full-native, hybrid, and pure-web mobile app development
- Experience with speech and language understanding systems
- Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner or similar certification
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top