Software Development Manager - Alexa Engine
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We're building the core services that run Amazon Echo and other Amazon products. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
The team is looking for a development leader to drive our development efforts.
This role requires working closely with product management and design to define strategy and requirements, and leading development teams from concept through delivery and subsequent operation. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and very strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate has experience through multiple complete product development cycles, possesses superior analytical abilities and product judgment. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Key to success in this position is an equal passion for delivering new features as well as operating the current applications at the highest level of quality, ensuring that our customers have a world-class experience.
Ideal candidates have experience leading medium sized development teams, defining projects and features, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection with a rigorous approach to gathering and evaluating data and communicating results throughout the organization.
Knowledge of the following is required: programming (including Objective C, C++, Java, messaging protocols, and web services), build processes, project management, release schedules. The ideal candidate will have 7 or more years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment. A bachelor degree in computer science or a related discipline is requirement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years people management experience
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and
- Business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top