Software Development Manager, Alexa AI
- Phoenix, AZ
The Alexa Machine Learning Platform Services (MLpS) team's vision is to make it intuitive and efficient to build, integrate, and operate Artificial Intelligence (AI). These world class services powers Alexa's benchmark setting AI models in speech, acoustic events, image and text enabling myriad Alexa experiences ultimately making Alexa delightful for customers. Said another way, Alexa ML Services organization provides tools and process to make AI building easier. Customers include Scientists, Data Analysts, Product Owners, and the Alexa end users. We are part of the larger Amazon Alexa organization, but we support multiple Amazon business units across the company applying ML in a collection of domains including: speech recognition, language understanding, intelligent decisions, object detection, and additional applications in both audio processing and computer vision.
As a Software Development Manager on the team, you will work closely with product management and design to define strategy and requirements, lead a development team from concept through delivery and subsequent operation, and regularly communicate with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. You will be responsible for growing and mentoring software engineers, helping your team self-organize and create best of breed software development processes and practices, managing execution against project plans and delivery commitment, and build relationships with your customers and partner teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
• 2+ years people management experience.
• 3+ years of hands on experience in architecting and building highly scalable distributed systems.
• Experience with OOD and object oriented languages.
• Deep hands-on technical experience with developing and maintaining large scale cloud and big data services.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical, and Business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Prior experience with developing Machine Learning tools and services.
• Prior experience with AWS technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top