Are you passionate about a building and maintaining a which is used by millions of customers on a daily basis? You want to an established team with the goal to further improve best practices and innovate our voice experience? If so, Alexa Household Organization is looking for a talented Software to own a major Alexa experience. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
The Household Organization (HHO) is working to make Alexa an indispensable assistant in the home. We build Alexa features such as Timers, Alarms, Reminders, Calendar, Email, Photos and Recipes with the long-term vision to build an intelligent assistant in all household areas. Our scale is millions of daily customers. This established team is responsible for owning a service which is used by customers on a daily basis. We are passionate about building, testing, and releasing well-designed software. We constantly improve our foundation and customer experience. As a leader of this team, you will have a direct and huge impact on how customers, even friends and family, engage with Alexa.
• Lead a team of software engineers in the testing, deployment, and operation of a major Alexa Service
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the team within a Scrum environment
• Hire and develop highly-motivated engineers
• Own the , quality, performance, and operational excellence for your team
• Contribute substantively to innovation and overcome technology limitations to deliver on customer experience
• Work with other teams to deliver solutions that scale
• Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science; or equivalent work experience
• Experience managing a software team
• Experience with employee , performance management and delivering results
• Technically credible to a team of world class software engineers and be able to make the right decisions and technology choices
• Experience building production software systems
• Experience in operating large scale systems with millions of daily customers
• Great communication skills and strong communication with peers and non- cohorts
• Mastery of the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages (, , ) and open-source technologies
• Object-oriented software experience with a focus building complex multi service solutions.
• An understanding of for scalability, performance and reliability
• Motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• Can propose tradeoffs and provide risk assessment to stakeholders
• Thinks big, has vision and is a vocal leader and can communicate on that vision to team members
• Proven track record to creating and executing on highly effective quality processes
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong and management skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.