The AI org within AWS is responsible for setting the AI strategy and delivering machine learning services across multiple segments to AWS customers. Today, the team provides ML framework and infrastructure like Apache Mxnet and Pytorch for AWS, Inferentia etc. ; ML platform services like Sagemaker and Groud truth etc. and AI services like CodeGuru, SageMaker, Comprehend, Rekognition, Lex, Polly Transcribe, and many more.
In this role, you will be part of one of the newly launched AI services - Amazon CodeGuru Reviewer. The CodeGuru Reviewer service helps customers to automatically review their code and identify critical issues like multi-threading, resource leaks, AWS best practices, sensitive information leak etc. The goal of the service is to help customers write bug free code and in turn reduce customer outages. The service was launched in GA in Jun 2020 and is in its very early stage of development.
Within the Amazon CodeGuru Reviewer org, the manager for this team will own all the Control Plane responsibilities i.e. connecting to different interfaces of the customer's tools for every code request coming to the service, to help developers improve their code quality. The team owns building a variety of connecting points like injecting at merge time, build time, CI/CD, new upcoming experience and many more. Behind the scene, a combination of program analysis and machine learning (ML) algorithms generate recommendations for fixing issues in code belonging to a specific category.
The team works in an ambiguous and complex problem space. The ambiguity comes from the fact that there is very limited research done on automatically analyzing code and providing recommendations in a scalable way. The team aims at building build infrastructure and services to support the rapid pace of innovation and evolving needs of the science team for detector training, hosting and evaluations. The other challenge includes constantly thinking of ways to present these recommendations to the customers in the best possible way for them to consume.
This position within the Amazon CodeGuru Reviewer org presents a unique and rare opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies, and get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business shaping the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup (V1) environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- B.sc Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of leading engineering teams
- 10+ years experience in computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
- 5+ years experience in at least, one modern programming language such as C++, Java, or Python
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience building large scale distributed services
- Experience managing development teams
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience building and deploying machine learning models
- Experience designing and deploying Big Data pipelines with tools such as Hadoop, Spark MapReduce or similar.