Software Development Manager
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon has a missing to be Earth's most customer-centric company for the customers. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Amazon Cloud Cam is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone. Being a part of the Amazon Devices family we are seeking engineers who will help us to delight our customers by keeping the highest quality bar. What will you help us?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers working on development and production maintenance of cloud system of Amazon Cloud Cam Security Camera. A successful candidate will have strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
You will work closely with other Cloud Services teams globally, as well as working with device, platform, mobile teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
• Ownership of the overall systems development life cycle.
• Execution against project plans and timely delivery of committed results.
• Management of day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, and mentoring.
• Building, enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team.
• Working closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs.
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
• Maintenance and enhancement of software frameworks for development.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Extensive experience with hands-on software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience in, at least, one Object Oriented programming language
• Experience working with distributed systems or applications
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting and problem solving skills
• Experience with primary AWS offerings such as EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
• Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top