Amazon Advertising seeks a Software Development Manager to lead next-generation advertising creative solutions that enable advertisers to reach customers across our owned and operated sites, on other high-quality publisher sites across the web, and on millions of desktops, mobile, and connected TV devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including Advertising. We seek candidates who want to join a team focused on building large-scale systems that integrate across multiple sources to provide unique advertising products. These products drive marketing investments into Amazon by giving advertisers the controls and data necessary to prove the efficacy of Amazon advertising for advertisers.
You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better and often disruptive solutions. You know how to work cross-functionally to create alignment and deliver results. You want to create value and impact the direction of entire industries. You will have responsibility through the full product life cycle, from product strategy, prioritization and development to adoption and iteration with global sales and account management teams.
As a Software Development Manager, you will to lead our engineering efforts to bring innovative Creative solutions to enable reach, scale and performance to our advertiser customers. You will oversee the design and implementation of significant technical projects by achieving results leading an existing engineering team on day one. This role will involve driving products impacting all Creative areas of our Advertising business. You will lead the team's technical strategy by making insightful contributions to priorities and approach, set the standard for engineering excellence, and take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous technical problems or architecture deficiencies. You are passionate about building a high performing engineering team and will have a track record of delivering technology roadmaps in a high growth environment where priorities may shift quickly. You should have an exceptional ability to prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team.
• Manage, lead, and grow the Amazon DSP Creative software engineering teams
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and implementation. Be a hands-on technical leader and contributor
• Contribute to the product vision, goals, and technical strategy in alignment with customer needs and market opportunities
• Clearly communicate and report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to your team, management, and principal stakeholders
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Lead product vision, strategy, development, and execution across advertiser experience.
• Work cross-functionally with dedicated engineering, design, product marketing, and other product groups to build the next generation of the advertiser facing experiences.
• Master's degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
• Experience in online advertising, user experience, web-based technologies.
• Passionate about generating big, creative ideas to differentiate in the market, growing the business and working with advertisers and partners to build innovative products.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to senior executive audiences.
• Strong persuasion skills and ability to create buy-in for a bold vision.
• Analytical aptitude and data-driven problem solving abilities.
• Handle multiple contending priorities in an energizing environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.