Software Development Manager - Advertising Programs
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a set of audience segments to help advertisers plan media, gain insights about customer behaviors, create targeting strategies, and more. Our products form the core of our display advertising business. We ensure that billions of ads served are relevant to our customers. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join us as full-time Software Development Managers. Successful candidates will have led teams that solve complex and broad business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices, building solutions that scaled and performed. You will also have a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
You will lead an Agile team at our development centre in Edinburgh, Scotland, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global websites. Your team will own the business, technology and operations, giving you the responsibility and authority to ensure success. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale, 24x7.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class websites and systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
• Relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• You will have significant experience in software engineering development and team lead roles, including line management.
• Computer Science degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
• Prior experience of software development and a solid grounding in Computer Science, including algorithms, data structures, operating systems, programming languages and distributed systems.
• Experience with modern software development practices including automated testing, refactoring, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
• Experience leading the delivery of large, cross-team projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience analyzing business and operational metrics.
• Experience in the digital advertising or marketing space.
• Familiarity with technical aspects of digital / display advertising
• Experience leading cross functional teams that include machine learning, UX, front end engineering, and software development
Back to top