Software Development Manager - Advertising Analytics
Passionate about Big Data, Machine Learning Algorithms and Predictive Software? Interested in leading new state-of-the-art Data Science approaches at Petabyte scale? Be part of a team of industry leading experts that operates one of the largest analytics and data science platforms at Amazon. Amazon is leveraging its highly unique data and applying the latest data science, machine learning and big data technologies available to change the way marketers optimize their advertising spend. We apply these technologies on terabytes of data a day (over 10B new events per day) operating a petabyte size cluster.
This role will involve driving products impacting many areas of our business. The individual in this role will have responsibility through the full product life cycle, from product strategy, prioritization and development to adoption and iteration with global sales and account management teams. You will work with product management and sales teams as well as lead an engineering team to harness some of the biggest opportunities to grow our business's top and bottom line.
- Develop and execute project plans and delivery commitments; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
- Operations of the service as a mission-critical system.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach. Be a hands-on technical leader and contributor.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 2+ years people management experience
- Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
- Online distributed systems and platform infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience in implementing machine learning algorithms
- Experience doing data analytics using Hadoop, Pig or Hive
- Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
- Delivered a low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Delivered ad targeting and serving infrastructure
- Previously held a technical leadership role for several complete large-scale projects
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top