Software Development Manager
- Arlington, VA
A wave of innovation is bringing sweeping changes to networking technology. Virtualization, unimaginable scale, hardware commoditization, and automation are revolutionizing network software. At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we leverage big data technologies and deep network analytics software to run one of the largest networks in the world. We push the boundaries of robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. We are leveraging industry trends such as Software Defined Networking and IoT and blending them to build a critical foundation of cloud computing: The Network. Our goal is to create a network with reliability indistinguishable from perfect.
The AWS Network Data Model Service (NDMS) team is a collection of software services developed to manage, maintain and vend logical representation of the state of Amazon network. We are searching for a software development manager like you to own a new product responsible for network expansion and provisioning. This product is the central hub for all network expansion activities across multiple organizations, and as the leader of this team, you will have the opportunity for tremendous impact and visibility across AWS. If you're ready to take ownership of a complex space, solve tough problems (many of which have never been solved before), and deliver a vision that delights our customers, reach out!
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience).
• 10+ years of industry experience in a similar environment.
• 5+ years of experience managing and developing teams which deliver high impact.
• Hands-on engineering experience in software platforms, large-scale distributed systems, or a related field.
• Prior ownership of the design and operation of mission-critical software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Substantial background building and operating large-scale software systems.
• Proven track record of success designing and delivering engineering solutions to customers.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top