Software Development Manager
- Irvine, CA
Amazon is looking for a leader to expand Global Finance Platform that powers tens of billions of dollars of accurate payments across multiple lines of business worldwide. Finance Automation builds software systems that ensure accurate and on time payments for millions of Amazon vendors including publishers, app developers, game developers, marketplace sellers, associates and others. We're constantly looking for opportunities to expand capabilities in new geographies and new lines of business.
Amazon is seeking a rock star Software Development Manager who will own and shape the future of our Finance Automation delivery capabilities to process invoices and payments, provide financial data integration and process global withholding tax requirements across Amazon. As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a team and will be a role model to set an example for others at all times. You will build strong, highly-effective teams you can trust, delegate decisions and tasks to others in your organization. You will build processes that drive accountability within your team, where people assume and take responsibility for actions and decisions. You in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge will innovate with bold bets to drive business growth. You will solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context. You will continually align your team's work, goals and priorities with Amazon's business objectives. You along with your team will develop pragmatic solutions. You will build flexible systems and processes without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones
You must be able to
• Lead highly-effective teams, delivering highly available and reliable software for large, critical, and complex systems.
• Independently lead hiring and performance management for your team
• Recognize the high and low performers are and coach individuals for performance at both ends of the spectrum
• Create the identity and structure for your team
• Inculcate a culture of innovation and operational efficiency in the team
• Influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions
• Successfully manage all stages of a program (from concept to delivery)
• Define all aspects of projects and programs including collecting requirements, writing high-quality documents and doing sprint planning
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years of experience in Software Development Management leading complex technology projects in a fast-paced environment
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or MBA
• A business and tech-savvy, analytical manager with a verifiable track record of managing and delivering enterprise projects on time and within budget.
• Ability to multi-task and manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment with flexibility balancing feasibility and viability
• Ability to hire and develop strong technical team and leaders
• Great problem solving skills, desire to solve problems that have no textbook solution
• Communicate ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all types of audiences including Directors, VPs and software developers.
• Previous experience managing and delivering internet products especially large-scale ecommerce, finance, or related online consumer services
• Cross-platform development experience across desktop, mobile, and tablet for a variety of devices
Back to top