Software Development Manager
- Austin, TX
Have you ever wondered how Amazon shipped your order so fast? Wondered where it came from or how much it cost us? To help describe some of our challenges, we created a short video about Supply Chain Optimization at Amazon - http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
We in SCOT Fulfillment Optimization own and operate production systems that dedicate the most optimal strategy to ship a customer order, simulation systems that allow internal customers experiment with what-if scenarios and systems to help understand results and derive intelligence from the same. When customers place orders, our systems use real time, large scale optimization techniques to optimally choose from where to ship and how to consolidate multiple orders so that customers get their shipments on time or faster with the lowest possible transportation costs. The team in Austin is focused improving the customer experience and on saving hundreds of millions of dollars using cutting edge science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software in the cloud that automates and optimizes shipments to customers under the uncertainty of demand, pricing and supply.
We're looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive Manager of Software Development to lead a team of developers building large scale, fault tolerant and high availability software systems using mathematical modeling and simulations. You will directly impact our direct customers, and even play with big data and incredible scale in the background.
High level responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with engineers to build large-scale, highly distributed, real-time and management systems that are core to effectively managing the Amazon supply chain business.
• Gather and analyze business and functional requirements, and translate business requirements into technical design specifications.
• Serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle.
• Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
• Work in an agile development environment, where you are working on the most important stuff.
This position is based in Amazon's software development center in Austin, the live music capital of the world. Come enjoy the abundant sunshine, vibrant cultural scene and delicious bbq in America's fastest growing and safest big city.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- 8+ years hands-on software development experience
- 4+ years management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Bachelor's degree in in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related area.
- Experience in forecast modeling and machine learning algorithms
- Master's degree in related field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top