Amazon WorkSpaces is a managed desktop computing service in the cloud. Amazon WorkSpaces allows customers to easily provision cloud-based desktops that allow end-users to access the documents, applications and resources they need with the device of their choice, including laptops, iPad, Kindle Fire, Android tablets, and zero clients. With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, customers can provision a high-quality cloud desktop experience for any number of users at a cost that is highly competitive with traditional desktops and half the cost of most virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions.
We consider this position to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to shape the future of real-time interaction with video on the internet. We're looking for a thought leader who can take on the challenges of steaming in high latency or high contention scenarios and keep the fidelity of what is being streamed. To put in process and mechanisms to manage our teams to deliver for our customers. To work with experienced engineers delivering our vision. To lead the charge with cutting edge ideas to address the unique and nuanced problems in our space, especially the most ambiguous ones with long term 2-5 year success timeframes.
This team is a good fit for you if:
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in having a firsthand impact on Amazon's global customer base
• You truly care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology
• You like to solve interesting technology problems
• You enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment
• You are a passionate learner and motivated to take on new challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
As a Software development manager, you will exhibit excellent judgement, anticipate bottlenecks, lead escalations, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. We expect you to have the ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, presentation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 6+ years of technical leadership and project management experience in an Internet-related program or applications environment (or equivalent)
• • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field (or equivalent)
• MBA or Master's Degree.
• Experience with platforms and development tools
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
• Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .