Software Development Manager
How can Amazon improve education for millions of students around the world? Are you interested in developing cutting-edge technology that will help students and learners to study more effectively? The Higher Education team at Amazon Kindle focuses on innovating e-Education to make it a crucial way of learning. Recall the mountain of heavy textbooks, notes, and other course materials you had to drag around in your backpack? E-learning will put all of that information literally at your fingertips. And that's just the tip of the iceberg!
If you are a talented software development manager who is passionate about transforming education, then we want to talk to you! As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in building brand new software products and features from the ground up. Your work will allow you to utilize a melting pot of technologies, programming languages, and systems and require you to keep up with the ever-changing technological landscape. You could build cool system, services, apps and website features to help students, professors, life long learners and make Amazon an important figure in this field! Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development, with the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas, and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit customers worldwide.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 5+ years of experience; or Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of experience.
- 3+ years of experience leading a software development team through multiple product/platform releases.
- 4+ years of experience making significant individual contribution to real-world software development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with an object-oriented programming language; strong object-oriented design and algorithmic analysis background.
- Able to independently operate and lead through ambiguous in fast paced environment.
- Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership in cross-functional, highly collaborative environment.
- Experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software and processes through data analysis and metrics.
- Hands-on experience with agile software development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top