Do you want to be a part of the team that builds Amazon's Most Customer Centric Technologies?
The Customer Service Call Center Management team is looking to hire Software Development Manager building and scaling systems for one of the world's largest customer service networks. You will have the opportunity to build, scale and shape the direction of this business. This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and strong business judgment. You will be responsible for services that can be deployed globally, delivering an exceptional customer experience, provide thought leadership in a fast-paced development environment, and partner with product management and senior leaders to ensure the success of this program.
We are looking for a SDM who is technically proficient on backend technologies, effective communicator and able to build a high functioning team. They are able to lead a team of engineers to define the platform strategy, design innovative solutions, influence strategy for the team, drive strategic communication, manage stakeholders, and establish engineering best practices. They always work backwards from customers, own the space and demonstrate bias for action to deliver results without compromising on quality. They embrace diverse roles including SDEs, NDEs, TPMs and PMs to deliver a common goal.
Join us today, and become a member of this highly motivated, cooperative and fun-loving team!
• Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Proven track record building and managing software engineering teams
• Experience leading the delivery of large-scale systems
• Experience with big data, cloud computing, or large-scale distributed systems for commercial online services that require high availability and performance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Deep understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures; delivered large scale commercial enterprise software systems or online services
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us