Software Development Manager
- Battle Ground, WA
We are seeking a Software Development Manager to lead a small, strategic team for an Alexa service. You will be instrumental in building embedded client solutions for Alexa Communications. The ideal candidate is scrappy, innovative and enjoys taking on hard, ambiguous problems. They are creative, driven and highly productive. They are a great team player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people around them and have a track record of leading and delivering complex technical systems.
You will be working with a cross functional team of engineers and partner teams to bring Alexa Communications onto their devices.
This is an initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the potential customer and societal impact and will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product.
• Work with other senior leaders on the team to build the technical strategy & architecture for devices
• Design & develop teams that build world class software
• Mentor & grow engineers across the team, leading by example and insisting on high standards
• Develop tools & processes to enable best-in-class operations for our client solutions
• As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of clients that will eventually scale across different device families. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
This is for innovating on an Alexa experience, which will be used by millions of customers through your client solutions.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Significant technical /familiarity in Telecommunications, Embedded Software, and/or 3rd party integrations
• MS in CS or related field
• Excellence in technical communication with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• A strong track record of and passion for working with partners delivering complex, engaging customer user experiences.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate customer/partner applications and interaction methodologies.
• Experience building user interfaces
• Experience developing Alexa Skills
• Experience defining and championing best practices across a software team
• Experience working in an Agile environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top