Amazon's Consumer Organization is the standard-bearer for Jeff's original vision: to become Earth's most customer-centric company. We are the people behind Amazon's eCommerce business. We own the technology and the customer experience for what people know as Amazon.com.
As a Software Development Manager (SDM), you'll own the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies using Java, C++, service-oriented architecture, and distributed programming. You'll provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development life-cycle for distributed software systems. Your role including building, managing and developing a team of engineers, as well as providing mentoring and managing resource allocation.
A SDM role includes leading design reviews for engineers and driving feedback on architecture and design issues. You will participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business objectives, and define technical direction on large-scale projects.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions