Software Development Manager
Datapath is a foundational platform that is core to Amazon's eCommerce business. Amazon customers using Kindle, Prime, Instant Video, Fulfillment, or just shopping online, depend on a highly available server backend provided by the Datapath platform. Engineers on the Datapath team design, build, and maintain highly scalable distributed systems that execute business logic, authored by teams across Amazon, millions of times per second in real-time.
As a Software Development Manager on the Datapath team you will lead a team to solve complex, mission critical problems throughout the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing and operations. You will work on a tier-1, multi-tenant, high performance system, with technical challenges unique to this kind of scale and throughput. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. You need to enjoy working closely in a peer group of highly talented engineers and leaders.
We are looking for smart, results oriented leaders, preferably with a background in leading teams building high throughput, low latency systems using multi-threaded Java programming patterns on Linux and backed by NoSQL stores.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Experience managing teams, building processes, project management, and release schedule.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Building multi-tenant, high throughput and large scale systems or development tools or programming languages compilers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Master's degree in Computer Science
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top