Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
The AI org within AWS is responsible for setting the AI strategy and delivering machine learning services across multiple segments to AWS customers. Today, the team provides ML framework and infrastructure like Apache Mxnet and Pytorch for AWS, Inferentia etc. ; ML platform services like Sagemaker and Groud truth etc. and AI services like CodeGuru, SageMaker, Comprehend, Rekognition, Lex, Polly Transcribe, and many more.
In this role, you will be part of one of the newly launched AI services - Amazon CodeGuru Reviewer. The CodeGuru Reviewer service helps customers to automatically review their code and identify critical issues like multi-threading, resource leaks, AWS best practices, sensitive information leak etc. The goal of the service is to help customers write bug free code and in turn reduce customer outages. The service was launched in GA in Jun 2020 and is in its very early stage of development.
Within the Amazon CodeGuru Reviewer org, the manager for this team will own all the Data Plane responsibilities i.e. running inferencing for every code request coming to the service, to help developers improve their code quality. The team achieves this by providing actionable recommendations during code review and in package scan mode. The team owns building a variety of 'detectors' to identify code smells and bugs and generate recommendations for fixing them. Each detector the team builds is a micro-service that uses combination of program analysis and machine learning (ML) to generate recommendations for fixing issues in code belonging to a specific category. The team also owns publishing these recommendations to the users and generating feedback.
The team works in an ambiguous and complex problem space. The ambiguity comes from the fact that there is very limited reasearch done on automatically analyzing code and providing recommendations in a scalable way. The team aims at building build infrastructure and services to support the rapid pace of innovation and evolving needs of the science team for detector training, hosting and evaluations. The other challenge includes constantly thinking of ways to present these recommendations to the customers in the best possible way for them to consume.
This position within the Amazon CodeGuru Reviewer org presents a unique and rare opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies, and get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business shaping the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup (V1) environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
• B.sc Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 8+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years of leading engineering teams
• 10+ years experience in computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
• 5+ years experience in at least, one modern programming language such as C++, Java, or Python
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience building large scale distributed services
• Experience managing development teams
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience building and deploying machine learning models
• Experience designing and deploying Big Data pipelines with tools such as Hadoop, Spark or MapReduce.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top