Software Development Manager
Are you excited at the prospect of keeping millions of customers' data safe? Do you want to help secure web services by implementing cryptography at scale? Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and the AWS Cryptography team is dedicated to providing the security features our customers need. We enable customers to confidently move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements. AWS Key Management Service and AWS CloudHSM provide encryption and key management services, while AWS Certificate Manager handles the complexity of provisioning, deploying, and managing certificates.
We are looking for an experienced software development manager with an interest in practical cryptography to join us in building the most secure services in AWS. Our systems protect customer keys and accelerate use of cryptography in all AWS services. Successful candidates will have experience leading teams to build scalable, customer-centric systems. You should have experience operating a service and growing your customer base to meet their needs. You will work with senior leaders, principal engineers, and security specialists to define the roadmap for a globally distributed cryptographic security service.
Your responsibilities include:
- managing a team of software development engineers to build a massively scalable digital security system that is core to all AWS services.
- owning the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features for AWS Cryptography.
- operating an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers.
- owning one of the most secure and reliable services in all of AWS.
- 10+ years software development experience with large-scale Internet-facing systems
- 5+ years experience managing a team software engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience writing software in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong and creative problem solving abilities
- Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
- Distributed systems experience
- Experience working with cryptographic systems such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or key management systems such as Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top