Software Development Manager
- Taipei, Taiwan
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and is seeking a technical leader who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager - Ring Device Software, you will be responsible for leading a world class team of engineers working on embedded software and firmware used in millions of Ring devices. A successful candidate will have strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
You will work closely with other platform, hardware, operations, user-space, and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
• Ownership of the overall systems development life cycle.
• Execution against project plans and timely delivery of committed results.
• Management of day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, and mentoring.
• Building, enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team.
• Working closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs.
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
• Maintenance and enhancement of software frameworks for development.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals.
• 7+ years of experience building successful production software systems.
• 3+ years of people management experience.
• Experience working with networking or communications devices in an embedded environment.
• Deep understanding of software development in a team and a track record of shipping software on time
• Proficiency of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (C/C++, Java, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, RTOS, busybox)
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Strong business and technical vision
• Broad hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the first-ever video doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top