Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in being part of a fast paced technology company with the largest e-commerce platform in the world, and build scalable AI systems that protect customers to earn their trust? You will be building scalable systems that use Machine Learning (ML) to continuously learn and prevent malicious actors, and preserve customer trust. You will have to solve tough scalability problems and use the right tools to support rapid business growth.
Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) is the organization that constantly makes high judgment decisions across a wide breadth of constituents. We build and deliver services for Buyers, Sellers, Vendors and other customers. We ensure that Amazon is a safe and trustworthy place to shop and an amazing place to build a successful business selling products. We support our many partners in this journey. We face constant trade-offs and competing objectives that we need to appropriately balance. We have to do all of this at high scale which only happens through technology and science. We are also a large organization that leads on innovation in many areas, so we also play a critical role in helping Amazon more broadly beyond our own goals.
We're the Core ML Services Engineering team in CTPS organization. We create next-gen ML services that is ahead of the industry standard & cloud standard solutions, and that help accelerate AI and ML developments with end-to-end highly automated and highly intelligent ML model building and ML feature engineering solutions. We own & build consolidated ML orchestration environments that will drive speed, quality, and efficiency of ML efforts across CTPS and Amazon. We not only leverage industry leading AI technology such as AWS AI, Open source AI framework, we innovate our own solutions that are ahead of the curve (and necessarily so to stay ahead of bad actors).
As part of the leadership team, you will lead developing key ML systems and strategies used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with executive leadership. You will work with the business teams to define roadmaps, drive execution of technology projects, drive operational excellence initiatives and manage technology operations.
1. Drive strategic planning and project execution, recruit, hire, and develop the industry's top engineering talent.
2. Build your teams to independently innovate and deliver results, while verify completion/quality.
3. Own the inputs and the business outcome through cultivating a culture of relentless auditing and metric monitoring, automatically where possible.
4. Balance technical leadership, investment and strong business judgement to make the right decisions about technology choices.
5. Lead or contribute to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives.
6. Communicate effectively with senior stakeholders.
1. A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
2. 7+ years of software development experience in object oriented programming, distributed systems, Java, C++, Linux/Unix and SQL
3. 3+ years of experience managing software development teams with hands-on involvement in system architecture, design and performance
4. Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
1. Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of industry experience.
2. 8+ years of software development experience
3. 4+ years of people management experience
4. Experience with large-scale multi-tiered systems and service-oriented architecture.
5. Experience in Amazon Web Services
6. Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners
7. Practical experience with a range of ML technologies
8. Practical experience with open source ML framework
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
10. Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
11. Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top