Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Merch by Amazon is a rapidly expanding Amazon business that provides a make-on-demand service for creating, publishing, promoting, and selling graphic merchandise such as t-shirts, hoodies, PopSockets, and more. Content creators upload designs and we list, sell, print, and ship these items to Amazon customers. Our customers get great graphic products and content creators get a generous royalty.
Our customer experience technology team is looking for a talented, creative and passionate Software Development Manager to help us build, launch and grow the software at the core of the Merch shopping experience. Our projects involve involve full-stack development - web UI, web services, data systems, and ML that operate at massive scale and high reliability. You will get to have a direct impact on how customers search, browse, discover, and order Merch products across Amazon sites.
As a part of this role, you will:
- Build and manage a team of Software Engineers.
- Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff.
- Interface with our external customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver value to customers.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
If you're looking for a chance to build software with a team of top-notch developers, for a new business that promises to shake things up on behalf of all sorts of customers; if you want to learn and improve the core Amazon shopping systems for graphic merchandise (search, browse, product detail page, cart, checkout, etc); if you have an interest in Machine Learning, and how to build algorithms from Amazon-scale data to optimize a system (think match-making in our case) - then this is the job for you. Come work with our great team of engineers, product managers, and UX designers.
Merch by Amazon - it's not just a job, it's a wardrobe.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field, such as computer science or engineering
• 5+ years experience developing software
• 3+ years experience managing and developing software development teams
• Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
• Experience building and managing service-oriented software systems
Back to top