Software Development Manager
- Herndon, VA
About the position:
The Amazon People Engine team is building cutting edge solutions to enable employees and managers to self-serve changes across all human resource processes.
Join us in building an innovative technology using Amazon Web Services to meet the complex and unique demands of managing more than 2,000,000 employees globally; onboarding more than 100,000 employees in four weeks. We dive deep to insist on the highest standards in architecture, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining every aspect of our offerings.
If you're thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new platforms, features and services from scratch and comfortable with the pace of a company shipping software in cycles measured in weeks not years, we would love to connect with you.
Are you a leader who thrives in a rapidly changing environments and loves to define paths forward?
Do you love to challenge the status quo and rethink new norms?
Do you enjoy the challenges of a highly complex critical business contexts that typically gets defined in real time?
Are you an engineering leader that loves to establish elegant solutions and high standards in anything you build?
Do you love to build teams and cultivate talent to set a new bar?
Do you crave working with world class talent to solve complex problems?
Is absolute and extreme ownership your thing and delivering strong results your second nature?
If you answered yes to the above, then this opportunity is for you to explore!
As a leader on this team, you will influence and drive architectural and design choices and develop world-class interfaces. Our team culture encourages innovation and we expect engineers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. We need a leader who can cut through the noise, passionately simplify, deliver results, and manage a diverse team.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Strong business judgment and record of making the right decisions
• Experience hiring and developing engineers
• Experience simplifying both processes and technical implementations
• Passion for insisting on high standards (to the point that most other people would think they are being unreasonable)
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Experience delivering large, multi-year projects on time
• Deep understanding of software engineering best practices
• Ability to write clearly and concisely
• Bachelor degree in a technical field or equivalent experience, MBA or advanced degree preferred
• Experience managing engineers across multiple locations
• Track record of building and delivering critical, 24x7 production systems
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Deep understanding of enterprise systems and data integration
• Deep understanding of agile project management methodologies
• Experience writing production code
• Experience with global technology implementation efforts
• Experience with software quality assurance and performance testing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top