Software Development Manager
- Boston, MA
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a Software development manager you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Direct management of engineers
• Project management for software within the team
• Strategic planning
• Management of resources across teams
The successful candidate
• Leads effectively and prioritizes well.
• Exhibits excellent judgment.
• Hires and develops great people.
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the technology.
• Enables and fosters creativity and innovation on her/his team.
• Is results-orientated and has a consistent track record of delivery.
• Thinks big, out-of-the-box and long-term.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, comparable vocational training.
• 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
• 5+ years people management experience.
• Hands-on expertise in object oriented design.
• Experience with managing geographically dispersed teams.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methods.
• Extensive experience with Python.
• Experience with any of the following fields: automatic speech recogntion, natural language understanding, machine tranlsation, machine learning, data mining, computer simulations in science and engineering, high-performance / high-throughput computing
Back to top