Are you interested in owning and delivering on critical business goals via large scale solutions?
The Amazon Fulfillment Technology (AFT) organization is responsible for scaleable and innovative solutions to enable fulfillment of millions of items every day across the globe. Our team owns the charter to make the AFT WMS more accessible and flexible for emerging markets and businesses. Join the team if you like to build scaleable solutions that solves complex business problems and deliver strong business impact.
We are starting several key initiatives and are looking for a senior engineering leader who can lead a growing team to deliver them. The ideal candidate will have a combination of strong business understanding and broad technical knowledge and experience. This person is someone who enjoys understanding a variety of business problems, come up with technical solution options to solve them, and can influence senior business and technical leaders to get these solutions delivered. If you like working independently in such a setup to deliver critical business goals, then this is the place for you.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 3+ years of leading high performance teams to build business critical solutions and operating them successfully to realise key business metric
• 5+ years of professional experience in object oriented design and programming with languages such as Java or C++
• Solid people management skills. Ability to coach and lead high performing SDEs and keep them motivated
• Excellent communication and analytical skills. Ability to drive communication with end users, partner technical & business teams to collect requirements, describe product features, and develop technical designs to achieve business goals
• Knowledge of Agile software engineering practices & patterns for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, testing, and live site operations
• Experience in fulfillment or supply chain domain
• A history of working in startups and fast paced environments
• Experience with AWS development using services like Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, S3, ALB, etc.
• Experience in Identity management, authentication and authorization domain