Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to help make shopping experiences even better for our customers? Are you looking to improve our customer's shopping journey? We are looking for a highly motivated, customer obsessed and deeply technical, Software Development Manager who will work across multiple lines of business, and organizations to build systems that better understands our shoppers and their journey. This leader will build systems, and services that provide one comprehensive view of our products, and our customers, from who they are, why they are here to what they like.
You will lead a multi-discipline team of leaders, engineers and technical program managers to build services used by thousands of experience builders across Amazon. You will accelerate these engineers and increase the speed of innovation at Amazon. You will collaborate with other leaders across the company to provide a simple, easy, customer focused way to build shopping experiences.
We are the one stop shop for all shopping experience needs. Through our highly available Tier-1 services we provide the building blocks for creating any shopping experience. We power experiences like Search, Detail Page, Personalization, Cart and Checkout across all platforms including Amazon.com, mobile and voice shopping.
We will help you grow your already awesome skills: Building a great vision and leading a team to realize and deliver that vision. Helping employees find their super-powers and harness them. Having a real passion for building strong teams and partnerships. Loving finding inventive ways to solve seemingly impossible problems, and being great at juggling and prioritizing (and re-prioritizing) projects and people.
There are very few places where you can have this much customer and business impact. If this sounds exciting, we'd love to talk to you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years professional experience in building successful production software systems
• 3+ years of experience managing multiple software development teams (managing managers)
• Great written and oral communication skills
• MS in Computer Science or a related field
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Back to top