Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
The Development Center Dresden
At the Kernel and Operating System organization, we create the hypervisors that power EC2, where customers launch their instances and run their workloads. We also provide unified Kernel solutions for Amazon service teams. Being part of Amazon means constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical challenges every day. If you have solid technical knowledge and want to build solutions to challenging problems that directly affect millions of people, there may be no better place than Amazon for you to impact the world!
Check out this video to see what the office looks like and how beautiful the Dresden area is: https://youtu.be/NyJQL6keFBA
Amazon is looking for an seasoned Software Development Manager, who will be leading a team of highly skilled developers and therefore have strategic impact on the business. Our roadmap is bursting with opportunity for you to lead this team in solving intriguing challenges and tangibly impacting the customer experience.
In this key role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining key parts of Linux Kernels and Hypervisors.If you have passion for people management, solid technical knowledge and want to build solutions to challenging problems that directly affect millions of people, there may be no better place than Amazon for you to impact the world!
• After joining, you will quickly become a key partner to the leadership team, where you will understand its core business goals and priorities.
• In the first three months, you will review existing processes and understand them.
• Throughout your job you will be guiding your team of 6-10 engineers to collaborate with internal teams and the Open Source community.
• In the upcoming months, you will drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the platform while keeping a high bar for security and availability.On top of that you will own key parts of the software stack that is running on nearly every Amazon server worldwide.
• You have several years of industry experience building software for Linux environments.
• You have managed an engineering team before, and have hired engineers in your team.
• You have managed operations before, and know how to balance operational load with long-term activities.
• You are confident in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source development software.
• You have a basic understanding of virtualization.
• You are strong and effective communicating in English.
• German language knowledge is not required for this position.
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
• Experience in leading processes for packaging and distributing software.
• You can motivate high skilled individuals to perform at their best.
• Strong customer and quality focus and strong bias for action.
• Self-motivated and strong desire to invent and simplify.
• Good software design skills.
• History of delivering results.
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."
Back to top