Come challenge yourself and learn from the best. Work with a world class team building market leading services of unprecedented scale.
We are seeking an experienced software development manager with a background in developing, delivering and supporting software services that provide simple solutions for a broad set problems. You have a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and know how to inspire your team to achieve outstanding results in a fast paced environment. You have a track record of building and leading strong teams of talented engineers and you enjoy working with smart people. You will own your services and be able to make tough product decisions that balance competing priorities.
- Act as an entrepreneur, taking ownership of your services and maximizing the value you provide to your customers.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- Manage day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Hire, mentor, and grow the engineering team.
- Work with engineers to architect and develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Lead your team to operational excellence of your services.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
- Breadth and depth of experience building and managing complex software systems
- 5+ years of experience in Software development
- 3+ years as a people manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience with micro service architectures
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)