Have you ever wanted to build open source software that can scale to support the largest companies in the world?
AWS recently announced it will be leading an open-source forks of Elasticsearch and Kibana in order to ensure that open source versions will remain available and well supported. As part of that effort, we'll be building out a new team to develop visualization tools for Elasticsearch.
So come work with us you can build innovative solutions with some of the best engineers on the planet while contributing back to the community.
Who are you? You're a manager who's passionate about open source and building your team. You've spent years leaning how to build relationships not just with your reports, but with your peers and your leadership. You deliver feedback with conviction and praise with sincerity. You work hard every day to bring out the best in your engineers, to hold a high technical bar for your product, and to make sure we always ship software we're proud of. You love working with designers and engineers to bring software experiences to life that are functional and dazzling.
Who are we? We are a new team at AWS creating open source visualization products for Elasticsearch. We want to build the best software in the world and give it away. Our mission is to build products that help users understand their data, and to do it in ways that inspire other developers in the community to contribute.
As an AWS Elasticsearch engineer you will:
• Design, develop, and support a world-class Elasticsearch platform that manages thousands of search domains.
• Contribute to both open source code and managed service platforms.
• Work with senior engineers in the team to deliver many components of the entire stack.
• Focus on scalability, performance, service robustness, and cost trade-offs (especially as they pertain to a highly-virtualized, elastic, cloud-based environment.)
• Apply scientific analysis and mathematical modeling techniques to predict, measure, and evaluate the consequences of designs and the ongoing success of our platform.
• Work alongside a dedicated operations team to develop and support the smooth 24x7 operation of our worldwide service.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in software design and development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Managed a team of 6-10+ engineers
• Master's in Computer Science or related field
• Experience as a contributor to Open Source Software. or managing a team working in Open Source Software
• Experience working with Kibana Lens, Grafana or other open source visualization tools.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us