Software Development Manager
The Amazon Web Services' Enterprise Apps team is looking for a Software Development Manager to help us build a new service that addresses our enterprise customers' needs. We can't talk about specifics just yet, but the things we are working on are in response to loud and clear feedback from customers about the daily pain points their workers deal with communicating with customers. Leveraging AWS' scale, reliability, flexibility, and ease of use, we will offer customers an easy way to manage a cost effective solution that solves many of their pain points. We are working hard to define and build an early version of this exciting service and launch it for customers as quickly as possible to get feedback and iterate.
We are looking for a highly effective Software Development Manager to run a team that designs and delivers scalable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus. If you join the team, you will play a key role in developing a new large scale AWS Software as a Service. You will be responsible for delivering the distributed systems and analytics that will enable AWS to continue changing the software industry by delivering more capabilities to more customers.
What is in it for you?
- Huge impact: Work on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers.
- Gratification: You will know you are directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
- Critical: This is a strategic new project for AWS.
- Ownership: you will quickly become responsible for key components of the service.
- Learn: If want to learn about challenges of large-scale fault tolerant systems in practice – this is an opportunity of a life time.
- Innovate: We learn from our customers and invent every day.
- Make history: AWS is the leader in a current industry wide revolution.
- Have fun: Surround yourself with engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years experience building successful production software systems.
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- 5-6 years management experience (including a combination of experience hiring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership)
- Experience in designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Understanding of developing software with systems-level performance constraints.
- Familiarity with communications and metrics.
- Experience in driving systemic operational improvements
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top