Amazon India Payments has a bold vision to become the most trusted, widely accepted payment solution on and off Amazon, for both online and offline transactions. To execute on this vision, Amazon India is systematically investing in local product innovation in areas of payment experience, payment processing, innovative payment instruments and merchant solutions.
Our engineers own the complete consumer experience for Amazon Payments in India, work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS and EC2) and build and operate highly scalable, low latency mobile first products and services.
If you are looking for an opportunity to lead multiple dev teams and build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of international customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today!
As a Development manager, you will identify, hire and build a world-class team of Development Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Product Managers Technical Program Managers, and SDEs across the company on this high impact initiative. You will design, build and own mobile-first features and programs that will delight our India customers.
• Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
• Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the seller community on amazon.in marketplace that helps them succeed in their business goals.
• Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
• Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
• Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
• Career management and development of direct reports
• 10+ Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 7+ years of Software Development experience; 3+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in mobile and web-technologies
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Software development experience in building web services and highly scalable applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Managed a team of 10+ engineers
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations