"Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness."
-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Amazon Pharmacy is a passionate team working to build the best pharmacy in the world.
As a Software Manager, you will lead a team to that will allow Amazon Pharmacy to enter a new segment, reaching new customers and solving for unique customer healthcare needs.
Successful candidates must be passionate about transforming healthcare and unwilling to accept the status quo.
In this role, you will have a real opportunity to change things for the better.
• Open to Seattle and Austin area locations
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• 5+ years of people management experience
• Masters Degree or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Experience deploying software using AWS services.
• Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software and processes through data analysis and metrics.
• Experience working in the healthcare industry.
• Experience working closely with product, design, and backend systems teams to design and deliver features.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's written and verbal communication skill requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role