AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
The AWS Credential and Secrets Management team is responsible for distributing and managing credentials and secrets to millions of hosts, both for external AWS customers and internally within Amazon. We are a Tier-1 service team who own and operate run some of AWS's high scale and low latency services, which are also highly available. We are continually making innovative bets to improve customer experience for managing and protecting their credentials and secrets.
We are looking for a strong engineering leader to lead some of these critical services, including hiring and building the team and full ownership of services, encompassing product design, development and operations.
• Identify, define and drive long-term product strategy for credentials and secrets management.
• Own end-to-end product design, development and operations.
• Build and manage a team of software engineers.
• Lead, mentor and retain a best-of-class engineering team.
• Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
• Recruit, hire and coach technical staff.
• Interface with our customers and stakeholders to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
• Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
• Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers.
• Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Master's/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or engineering
• 7+ years' experience developing software
• 5+ years' experience managing software development teams
• Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers and managers
• Good understanding of various platforms and technologies (AWS, Java, Python, C#, Ruby)
• Experience with AWS technologies
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
• Proven track record building high-performing software development teams
• Passionate about delivering the right things for your customers at very high quality
• Experience managing service-oriented software systems
• Knowledge of software security is not required, but is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us